Let’s be honest, granola needs to be super crunchy, super golden, and super satisfying! This healthy granola recipe is all that AND MORE!!!
This super very easy granola recipe is going to become a staple in your pantry
- High in plant protein (including the 9 essential amino acids, READ MORE HERE)
- High in fibre
- Rich in Omegas
- Vegan-friendly options
- Family favourite
- 4 cups Oats (use gluten-free if you are gluten intolerant or replace with rolled spelt or buckwheat)
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup goji berries (raisins or cranberries can be used OR a combination of all 3!)
- 1 cup crushed almonds (or your choice of nuts….this can be excluded)
- 1 cup coconut (flakes or shavings can be used)
- ½ cup chia seeds (optional, other seeds can be used if you prefer)
- ½ cup peanut butter (or your choice of nut butter)
- ½ cup golden syrup (honey, agave nectar or coconut nectar can be used)
- ½ cup coconut oil (sunflower can also be used here)
Method to make the healthy granola recipe:
- So this is the best part, it’s really that simple to make! Heat the oven to 130 degrees
- Place all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl (EXCEPT the hemp hearts, nuts & goji berries, keep those to one side for just a minute) and make sure it’s mixed.
- On low heat, melt the peanut butter, syrup & coconut oil together (don’t let it boil).
- Pour the melted mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread it over a lightly oiled baking tray and place in the oven for 10min.
- After 10min take out, gently mix, and then return for another 10min.
- Take out and add the hemp hearts & nuts. Drop the temp down to 100 degrees and return for another 10min.
- Keep checking and turning every 10min until it starts to go golden brown. If it is catching at the edges, the oven is too hot and needs to be turned right down.
- Once golden brown and crunchie, switch the oven off, remove the granola, and mix in the goji berries.
- Allow it to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container for storage.
Have it with yogurt, milk, sprinkled on fresh fruit or as a snack on the go!
Make sure you tag us in your HEALTHY GRANOLA RECIPE creations @synerchiorganics
To order your ORGANIC superfood products, CLICK HERE !
*no scientific or medical claims are being made on this website & what we share is based on our personal experience, testimonials from our clients & personal research.