PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”) aims to give effect to the constitutional right to privacy, whilst balancing this against competing rights and interests, particularly the right to access information.
To achieve this, the POPIA sets out conditions for the lawful processing of personal information. POPIA seeks to regulate every step of the processing of personal information, from how personal information must be handled when it is collected until the time it is destroyed.
SynerChi Organics (Pty) Ltd and its subsidiaries (SynerChi Organics) will at all times endeavor to implement processes and systems, and day-to-day activities to protect our customers’ (“customer”) personal information.
1.1 POPIA requires SynerChi Organics to inform its customers as to how their personal information is collected, used, disclosed and destroyed.
1.2 SynerChi Organics affirms its commitment to protecting its customer’s privacy in ensuring their personal information is used appropriately, transparently, securely and in accordance with applicable laws.
1.3 This document sets out how SynerChi Organics deals with its customer’s personal information and in addition what said information is or will be used for.
1.4 This document is drafted in conjunction with the Protection of Personal Information Act no. 4 of 2013 (as amended from time to time).
2. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
2.1 POPIA regulates how personal information should be collected, processed, maintained and destroyed.
2.2 POPIA states that “Personal Information may only be processed if given the purpose for which it is processed is adequate, relevant and not excessive.”
2.3 SynerChi Organics collects and processes its customer’s personal Information pertaining to the services required. The type of information will depend on the need for which it is collected and will be processed for that purpose only.
2.4 Personal Information that SynerChi Organics may need to collect includes but is not limited to:
· Company details such as full trading names and registration numbers;
· Identity numbers and address of directors only if required;
· Physical addresses and contact details of all branches covered under the contract and or SLA;
· Employee information as required;
· VAT number/s;
· Any other information that may be required to fulfil the obligations of the client contract and SLA.
- HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED/PROCESSED
3.1 Customer personal information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected. This will include:
·Providing services and or products to customers’ and their employees as required;
· For reporting purposes;
· Confirming, verifying and updating customers’ and client employees’ details on our data base;
· Conducting credit and conflict of interest checks;
· For marketing purposes.
The customer may at any time withdraw its consent for the processing of its personal information. If the customer withdraws such consent, the client is required to inform SynerChi Organics in writing, or client can unsubscribe from newsletter as required.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 We will disclose a customer’s personal information where we have a duty or a right to disclose such information in terms of POPIA, other applicable legislation, the law, or where it may be necessary to protect our rights, or the safety of those around us.
5. SAFEGUARDING CUSTOMER’S INFORMATION
5.1 SynerChi Organics continuously reviews its security controls and processes to ensure that the personal information we collect is secure.
5.2 The following procedures are in place in order to protect your personal information. This list is not exhaustive:
· The Information Officer is responsible for the compliance with the conditions of the lawful processing of personal information and other provisions of POPIA;
· Ongoing training with regards to POPIA and our privacy policies;
· Personal information that is collected is securely stored and only permitted persons have access to the information that is only processed for purposes it is used.
6. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
6.1 The customer has the right to update, correct or request that SynerChi Organics deletes its personal information on reasonable grounds.
6.3 In the event that a customer objects to the processing of its personal information and SynerChi Organics no longer requires the information for the purposes it was collected, SynerChi Organics (Pty) Ltd and its subsidiaries shall de-indemnify and or remove such information from its systems/possession.
7. AMENDMENTS TO THIS DOCUMENT
In the event of changes to the relevant legislation, this document will be amended.
To view our other Privacy Policies, please CLICK HERE