Healthy Vegan Mac & Cheese recipe
When anyone says the word “comfort food” mac & cheese is very high on that list HOWEVER if you are on the journey to keep things healthy YET satisfying, our SUPERFOOD COMFORT FOOD Mac & Cheese will hit the spot!
✅ Gluten-free (optional)
✅ High fibre
✅ High protein
✅ Low fat
✅ Low GI
✅ Super nourishing
Superfood Comfort food, we’ve got you covered
ingredients for the mac & cheese
🧀 300g gluten-free pasta (if gluten doesn’t bother you, regular pasta will do the trick)
For the Sauce:
🧀 1 cup hemp seeds(hearts) soaked in 1 1/2 cups plant milk OR water.
➡️ Plant milk makes it extra creamy. We recommend using almond or oat milk (gluten free).
🧀 60ml nutritional yeast
🧀 1 tbsp smoked paprika
🧀 1 tsp turmeric
🧀 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 fresh clove of garlic crushed)
🧀 2 tbsp lemon juice
🧀 1 tsp veggie stock powder
🧀 ½ tsp mustard powder
🧀 1 tbsp oat flour (gluten-free) – alternatively you can use 1 tsp corn starch
🧀 Salt & pepper for seasoning
➡️ Extra plant milk if you need to thin out the sauce or make extra
For the dry crumb sprinkle (optional)
🧀 2 gluten-free cracked bread slices
🧀 ½ tsp smoked paprika
🧀 1 tsp nutritional yeast
🧀 ¼ tsp garlic powder
🧀 ¼ tsp salt
🧀 2 tbsp olive oil
🧀 1 tsp fresh time
Method to make the vegan mac & cheese
1) Heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2) Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Don’t overcook gluten-free pasta!
3) Place ALL of the sauce ingredients into a blender, & blend until SUPER smooth.
▪️ It should have a “thick sauce” consistency to it. If it seems too watery add an extra ¼ cup of hemp seeds.
▪️ If it seems too thick, add extra water, slowly, until you are happy with the consistency.
4) For the “crumb sprinkle”, place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender (or you can crush & mix it by hand), and blend until the ingredients resemble crunch
5) Place the pasta into a casserole dish and pour your sauce over it.
6) Sprinkle the crumb mix on top and bake in the oven for 10-15 or until the crumb starts to become golden brown.
🥗 Serve as is or with a fresh green salad.
Make sure you tag us in your Healthy Vegan Mac & Cheese RECIPES @synerchiorganics
To order your ORGANIC superfood products, CLICK HERE!
*no scientific or medical claims are being made on this website & what we share is based on our personal experience, testimonials from our clients & personal research.