There’s nothing like a good burger & these HEMP BURGERS take 1st prize!
Here’s a quick little overview why these Hemp Burgers are so good:
- High in folate (needed to make red and white blood cells in the bone marrow, convert carbohydrates into energy)
- Rich in manganese (helps the body form connective tissue, bones, blood-clotting factors, and sex hormones)
- High protein
- Vegan friendly
- AND a family favourite!!!
These Hemp burgers are quick & easy to make …so let’s go it!
(for the burger patties)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (get our organic quinoa HERE)
- 1 cup hemp hearts (get our organic hemp hearts HERE)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (plus more for cooking)
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 cups baby spinach (optional)
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 2 cups cooked black beans* (well rinsed, drained, and patted dry)
- 1 heaped Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1Tbsp cumin powder
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp chili flakes (optional if you like is spicy)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar(or regular sugar)
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed powder
(for basting the patties when cooking):
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Barbecue Sauce (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil or coconut oil
- Hamburger Buns (wholemeal, gluten-free, regular or any other bun of choice
- Sliced Tomato
- Sliced Pickles
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Red Onion
- Vegan mayonnaise (recipe here)
Method to make the Hemp Burgers:
- Cook ½ cup quinoa with 1 ¼ cup water and ½ tsp salt until super soft & all water has evaporated.
- Add the hemp hearts to the food processor and process until crumbly. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the onion & garlic to the food processor and process until very fine. Transfer to hot pan with 1 tsp olive oil and fry until caramelized. Add the baby spinach & once wilted, place it in the mixing bowl with the hemp hearts
- Add the black beans to the food processor along with the spices, herbs, salt & pepper, tomato paste, coconut sugar, & chilli flakes. Process until well mixed in. You might have to stop a couple of times to scrape down the sides and start it up again before it will start to mix properly. Transfer to the mixing bowl with hemp hearts & onion.
- Add the flaxseed powder & quinoa to the mixing bowl & mix well.
If it feels a little dry, add 1TBSP of water at a time until the mixture binds.
If it feels too moist add 1 TBSP of chickpea flour at a time until it dries out slightly.
continued: Putting the Chocolate Avo Mousse stack together
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts and form a pattie out of each. Place the patties on wax paper on a flat tray and into the fridge for 30min
- Add the olive oil to a non-stick pan at medium heat.
- Baste the hemp burgers with the barbeque sauce and then add to a hot non-stick pan. Fry for 5 minutes on one side until golden brown and then flip them.
- For best results don’t flip the burgers more than this, burgers hold up best when flipped as little as possible, so ensure the pan isn’t so hot that they burn.
- Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce, sliced tomato, pickles, avocado, red onion, and our creamy vegan mayonnaise.
benefits of eating these healthy vegan veggie burgers….
These Hemp Burgers help strengthen bones, lower cholesterol, regulate blood sugar, help prevent diabetes, protects and strengthens the heart & vascular system, improves digestion & bowl movement & even helps prevent erectile disfunction in men!
Make sure you tag us in your Health Veggie Burger creations @synerchiorganics
To order your ORGANIC superfood products, CLICK HERE !
*no scientific or medical claims are being made on this website & what we share is based on our personal experience, testimonials from our clients & personal research.