Who doesn’t love sushi especially when it is this colour!
Not hard to make and really fun to serve for the family or at dinner parties.
Protein powered purple Sushi, you are going to LOVE IT!!!!
Purple Sushi Rice:
- 250g sushi rice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (I have used apple cider vinegar as well & works fine)
- 1 tbsp sugar (agave, or your choice of sweetening can be used)
- 2 tsp Acai powder (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup finely grated beetroot
- 1 – 2 packs seaweed sheets (normally about 5-6 sheets per pack. I work on about 2 -3 sheets per person….depends on how hungry you are)
Inside the purple sushi:
- ½ cup raw Synerchi Organic Hemp hearts (AMAZING benefits, I have listed them below)
- Cucumber sliced into sticks
- Carrots sliced into thin sticks
- Red pepper sliced into thin sticks
- Avocado thinly sliced
- About half a cup of each of the veggies above, you might have to slice more if needed.
Condiments to serve with the Sushi:
- soy sauce
- pickled ginger
- wasabi paste
Method to make the purple rice
- Cook the sushi according to the instructions on the packet. Allow enough time so that it cools down completely. It can take a few tries to get the sushi rice texture right, but otherwise it’s not hard.
- While the rice is cooking, mix the rice vinegar, sugar, Acai powder, salt & finely grated beetroot with 60ml (4 tbsp) water.
- Once the rice is cool, mix in the beetroot mix & this is how it gets its incredible colour…i.e. purple sushi!!!
- Next, wet a clean dish towel & squeeze it out well.
- Lay it down on a clean flat working surface. Have all your other ingredients ready in separate bowls to make assembling the purple sushi smooth.
- Have a bowl of fresh clean cold water next to you to rinse your fingers.
- Take a single sheet of seaweed & lay it on the damp dish towel shiny side down….meaning the rough side must face up. Now an easy way to learn how to role sushi is to watch a video on youtube, there are thousands, but I’ll try my best to explain here. Remember, don’t over think it, it’s really easy & just have fun!!!
Method to rolling the Purple Sushi (this part is fun!!!)
- Wet you fingers & grab a good hand full of rice.
- Blob it all over the seaweed sheet. Now wet your hands again & start to flatten the blobs out so that you create a nice thin layer of rice (about 1cm thick) covering the entire seaweed sheet…except for the top edge. Leave about 2cm of seaweed sheet open…..this will help you seal your purple sushi roll.
- Wet fingers again to remove any stickiness. Do this as often as you need. It will make the process so much easier.
- At the bottom edge (closest to you) start to layout your veggies. Lay them horizontal & not too much as it will become too thick.
- Sprinkle some Hemp Hearts over the veggies before rolling.
- Wet fingers again.
- Starting at the edge where the veggeis are layed, start to roll the sushi up (will also take practice but this is the fun part & it’s quick to get the hang of). Try to keep it nice and tight without tearing the seaweed sheet.
- Once at the top edge, wet the part that you left open with a tiny bit of water on your fingers and then seal it over.
- Place the roll on a clean plate. I refrigerate them until all are done.
- Once ready to serve, take a sharp knife, dip it in cold water and slice your sushi into roughly 2cm thick disks.
- I finish it off by sprinkling extra hemp heart on each one.
- Serve if with a good quality soy sauce, pickled ginger & wasabi (all are optional).
- They are super versatile & if you are not vegan, you can add your choice of filling to the Purple Sushi rolls.
Health benefits of HEMP HEARTS
- Hemp Hearts are an incredible source of protein & provide all essential amino acids the body needs.
- They are super high in anti-oxidants.
- Natural Anti–inflammatory
- Hemp build lean muscle mass
- Helps keep the heart strong
- Contains a beautiful balance of Omega 3, 6 & 9
- They are super high in fibre
- Helps fight dreaded diseases like diabetes, cancer & heart disease
- Contains zero cholesterol
- And the Synerchi Organics Hemp Hearts are GMO-free, organic & gluten-free! CLICK HERE TO ORDER
Health Benefits of Acai powder
- Most of the health benefits of acai berries are due to their extremely high antioxidant content, which is why it’s said to have a high “ORAC score.”
- ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity; it’s a scale that measures the antioxidant properties of foods.
- High antioxidant content brings many benefits including anti-aging heart protection & vascular system protection.
- And the Synerchi Organics Acai Powder are GMO-free, organic & gluten-free! CLICK HERE TO ORDER
*no scientific claims are being made on this website & what we share is based on our personal experience, testimonials from our clients & personal research.