The goji berry plant, or “wolfberry fruit” as it’s known in China, has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for an estimated 2000 years or more.
Low in calories, fat-free, a good source of fiber, and SUPER high in antioxidants, goji berry benefits are remarkable.
This includes helping manage a healthy weight, improving digestion and even helping fight and prevent cancer (we have listed 7 POWER benefits below the recipe).
Ingredient for the goji berry smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 heaped tablespoons of goji berries (you can soak them in 1/4 cup water if you want them to get a little softer)
- A good squeeze of fresh lime (or fresh lemon) juice
- 3 cups of ice
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk (other vegan milk alternatives can be used)
- 1/3 water
- 1 heaped tablespoon macadamia nut butter (other nut butters can be used)
- 1 kiwi (don’t have a kiwi?….add an extra plum)
- X3 small plums -pips removed.
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (alternative sweetener can be used if you don’t eat honey)
Method for making the Goji Berry Smoothie:
Blend the above together until smooth and creamy and enjoy! Top it off with our Raw Cacao Nibs or more hemp hearts for an extra crunch…..YUM!!!!!!
TIP: Adding a few drops of our CANNACHI LIME HEMP OIL to your goji berry smoothie is optional. This will give an added BOOST to strengthen the immune system, cleanse the lymphatic system and protect the heart.
7 Important Reasons why you should eat more Goji Berry !!!
1) Improves immune function and fights cancer making it an ideal choice to keep the body strong and protected against viral and bacterial infection as well as dreaded disease.
2) Promotes healthy skin by providing incredible healing and protection benefits, thanks to antioxidants known as beta-carotene and other phytonutrients that help protect the skin.
3) Protects eye health, thanks to antioxidants known as beta-carotene and other phytonutrients that help protect the eyes.
4) Helps stabilize blood sugar levels and help protect against type 2 diabetes and manage weight.
5) Helps cleanse and protect the liver.
6) Fight depression and anxiety or other mood disorders (and by including the hemp oil, this will help even more!).
7) Protects the heart and regulate cholesterol levels and keeps triglycerides at an ideal balance, thereby helping to prevent heart disease
*no scientific claims are being made on this website & what we share is based on our personal experience, testimonials from our clients & personal research.