Many people love pizza, however often avoid it because of the gluten content & unhealthy toppings that can make one feel ‘bleh’ afterwards.
If a regular pizza is your thing, go for it and enjoy it!
But if you are looking for something that is gluten-free, vegan & healthier than what’s out there, we can help!
The reason why this recipe works so well is our 2 secret ingredients….purple potato flour & chia seeds!
(for the gluten-free vegan pizza base)
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup Purple Potato Powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- 200ml water room temp
- You can use your favourite pre-mix gluten-free pizza base products as an alternative.
- follow the directions for making it
(for the topping)
- 4 Tomatoes sliced
- 250g Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- Spring onion chopped
- Hemp leaves (optional, otherwise fresh rocket or basil leaves are good)
- 3 Peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green ) thinly sliced
- Avo (really good if it’s in season & available)
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp dried Mediterranean mixed herbs
Method to make the gluten-free vegan pizza:
- Preheat the oven 200ºC.
- FOR THE BASE: Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a spoon and then use your hands until well combined. You may need to add more or less water, so add it gently until you get the perfect dough, neither too sticky (add more flour), nor too dry (add more water).
- Flatten the dough into a circle (base thickness depends on your preference) on a lightly floured surface, then transfer it to a pizza pan or a baking sheet (line it with some parchment paper) and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add your favorite toppings
- If you make use of mushrooms & peppers, we like to slightly pan fry them first with 1 tablespoon coconut oil some salt and pepper.
- Any of the ingredients you prefer fresh, you can add once the final baking is done.
- Once your toppings are on, bake for another 15 minutes. Check the base underneath to see if it’s going golden brown, that’s your sign it’s done!
- Add any fresh toppings you like before serving.
DID YOU KNOW….
Hemp hearts contain 33g COMPLETE protein per 100g weight compared to beef that contains 26g and chicken 27g.
PLANT POWER AT ITS BEST!
And did you know…
Chia seeds are amazing for cleaning out the colon!
Due to their high fibre content & ability to absorb water, they naturally assist to regulate bowel movement, support healthy bacteria & keep things nice and clean 😉
oh, and one more thing…
DID YOU KNOW…Anthocyanin is a pigment that creates a purple color in purple potatoes and also acts as a powerful antioxidant. All potatoes are naturally high in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure. But the extra antioxidants in purple potatoes make them even more effective than other potato varieties with incredible anti-inflammatory & anti-aging benefits
Let us know in the comments below what you enjoy putting on top of your gluten-free vegan pizza?
To order your ORGANIC superfood products, CLICK HERE !
*no scientific or medical claims are being made on this website & what we share is based on our personal experience, testimonials from our clients & personal research.