This Gluten-free Chocolate Brownie recipe will become your “go-to” for a healthy treat!
- High protein
- Vegan friendly
- AND a family favourite!!!
Here we go, gluten-free chocolate brownie recipe …so do it!
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour mix (your choice of brand…..most brands have an “all-purpose flour” option)
- 1 cup hemp hearts (blend in a blender until it turns to flour)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2ml salt
- 3 tbsp flaxseed flour (mix it with 120ml water and set aside)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- ¼ cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts of choice (pecan, almond & hazel work well) (optional)
Method to make the gluten-free chocolate brownie recipe:
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl (gluten-free flour mix, ground hemp hearts, raw cacao powder, baking powder, & salt). Make sure it is well mixed.
- To a large mixing bowl, add melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, agave nectar/maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk together well until the sugar starts to dissolve.
- Add the flax mix (flaxseed powder with water) and whisk once more until combined.
- Now, add 2 tbsp of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & fold in with a wooden spoon. DON’T throw it all in at once incase the mixture gets too dry.
- Keep adding 2 tbsp at a time until a smooth creamy batter has formed OR until all the dry ingredients have been used up.
- Fold in half the nuts.
- Prepare a 25x25cm (approximately) baking dish by greasing it with coconut oil and lining it with grease-proof paper.
- Pour the batter in and sprinkle with the remaining nuts
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is no longer wet or sticky when you test it with a knife.
- Once done, leave for a good 30+ min to cool before cutting the squares (size of squares depends on your preference) and removing them from the baking dish.
These are best enjoyed fresh, yet can be stored in an air-tight container once completely cooled OR you can freeze them.
9 amazing benefits of Raw Cacao
(side note…..this is RAW CACAO benefits, not alkalized cocoa powder)
1) Helps improve and balance mood swings.
2) SUPER high in antioxidants, including several polyphenols — such as flavonoids and phenylethylamine.
3) Anti-inflammatory which helps relieve joint pain and gut inflammation.
4) Regulates blood sugar.
5) Helps prevent anemia.
6) Significantly reduces the risk of developing heart disease or high blood pressure.
7) Boost brain function and mental performance.
8) Powerful anti-aging when consumed in its raw state.
9) Naturally high in several minerals, especially manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, iron, and zinc which are vital for optimal physical & mental health.
Make sure you tag us in your Chocolate Brownie creations creations @synerchiorganics
To order your ORGANIC superfood products, CLICK HERE !
*no scientific or medical claims are being made on this website & what we share is based on our personal experience, testimonials from our clients & personal research.