Chocolate chia pudding tastes like dessert but you can have it at any time of the day! With the added BONUS of being super healthy & nourishing for the body, that’s a win in our books!
There are many benefits to this Chocolate Chia pudding recipe!
- Low Carb (for those who are practicing a low carb diet)
- High protein
- SUPER quick to make
…..oh and the family will love it, dessert for breakfast!
(makes 2 chocolate chia puddings)
- 80mls chia seeds
- 250ml coconut milk (or any other plant-based milk, coconut milk makes the chia pudding nice a creamy)
- 250ml water
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 heaped tsp maca powder OR our peanut butter protein shake powder (optional, see alternatives below)
- 2 tsp of something sweet (choose what suits your requirements….date syrup, agave nectar, honey, whatever sweetness rocks your boat 😉
- Fruit of choice for some freshness (bananas & blueberries work well). To keep it a low-carb chia pudding, don’t add the fruit.
- Nuts or nut butter can also be used instead of the Maca or peanut-butter protein powder.
- Toasted granola mixed in is also a winner and adds great texture.
- Just be aware that it changes the carb ratio and if you are using oats they may not be gluten-free…..FYI for those it is relevant too 😉
Method to make it:
- In a bowl add your chia seeds with HALF the coconut milk and HALF the water. Allow standing for 15min until the chia seeds are soft and swollen.
- We like to do it the night before and leave it in the fridge, it becomes SUPER creamy then.
If you don’t have a blender for this part, don’t worry, just whisk it all together. The cacao nibs will remain in bigger pieces then & add extra crunch & texture.
- In a blender, add the rest of the coconut milk along with the cacao powder, cacao nibs, your choice of sweetener, and maca or peanut protein powder.
- Blend until smooth and creates a light frothy texture.
- Fold it into the chia seeds when they are ready.
- Pour it into your jar, top with your fruit of choice (optional), and ENJOY!!!!
We did mention it was healthy, & here are 12 reasons why you should be eating more of our organic Chia Seeds & raw cacao!
6 Benefits of the incredible little Chia Seed:
- Cleanses the colon & assists with colon function…staying regular is very important!
- Naturally contains a wide range of vitamins and minerals including iron, & calcium
- Contains essential omega fatty acids which help manage cholesterol levels & keep the heart strong & healthy.
- Assists with weight management because of it’s high fibre & nutrition-dense properties.
- Power Anti-inflammatory
- Helps alkalize to the body if the acidity gets too high.
6 Benefits of the powerful cacao fruit (which is our raw powder & nibs):
- Maintains a healthy brain function.
- Maintains and builds a healthy circulatory system.
- Helps builds healthy blood cells.
- Lowers LDL cholesterol and glucose levels.
- Packed with essential vitamins & minerals.
- VERY powerful anti-aging……but has to be RAW cacao, not cocoa!
And the BONUS….our superfood products are packed in Biodegradable packaging!!!
Happy munching friends xxx
*no scientific or medical claims are being made on this website & what we share is based on our personal experience, testimonials from our clients & personal research.