It’s creamy, it’s chocolaty, it’s got a biscuit base AND it’s actually healthy. Chocolate Avo Mousse stack – a healthy vegan dessert recipe
High in antioxidants
Vegan friendly (although you can adapt to suit any palette )
AND the family will LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!
Chocolate Avo Mousse stack – healthy vegan dessert recipe. HERE GOES!
(for the biscuit base)
- 1/4 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1 cup Oats flour or oats
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil Salt
- 1 tablespoon Hemp seeds
- 1 flat tablespoon Cocao Powder
- 1 tablespoon Mesquite Powder
(for the chocolate avo mousse):
- 5 ripe Avocados
- A sprinkle of Salt
- 3-4 tbsp date paste (or for non-vegans, 2 heaped tablespoon raw Honey can be used)
- 2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1/2 cup Macadamia butter (peanut butter can be used instead)
- 1 flat tablespoon Chaga powder
(For the sprinkles on top)
- 1/4 cup Goji berries
- 1/4 cup Cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup Coconut shavings
- 1/4 cup mixed raw nuts (e.g Almonds, Walnuts, Cashew nuts or Brazil Nuts)
- extra nut butter & date paste to drizzle on top.
Method to make the ‘biscuit’ base:
- Mix all the ‘biscuit’ base ingredients together in a baking bowl
- It should come together to form a firm ‘dough’. If it’s a little dry, add extra coconut oil (or nut butter) 1 tbsp at a time, until you can roll into a ball.
- Divide the ‘biscuit’ base mix into 2 equally sized balls.
- Press the 1 base ball onto a 20 x20 cm try (or circular cake or pie dish also works well).
- Press the crust until together and flat in the tray. (place in freezer for 10min)
- Remember not to make use of the whole crust dough as you would need the other half of this dough for the 2nd layer of crust.
Method to make the Chocolate Avo Mousse:
- Mix all the chocolate avo mousse ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
Putting the Chocolate Avo Mousse stack together
- Remove 1st base layer from the freezer and spread HALF the chocolate avo mousse over it.
- Sprinkle HALF the quantity of sprinkle toppings onto the mousse layer & place back into the freezer for 30min.
continued: Putting the Chocolate Avo Mousse stack together
- Take 2 pieces of wax paper and press out the 2nd base ball into the same size as the first (the wax side must be against the base ball before you start rolling). Remove the top layer of wax paper
- After 30min, remove the 1st layer from the freezer.
- Gently and as fast as possible, flip the 2nd ‘biscuit’ base layer onto the 1st mousse layer…..then peel off the 2nd piece of wax paper.
- Spread the remaining chocolate avo mousse on top and sprinkle the remaining sprinkles on top.
- For an EXTRA level of yumminess, spoon over extra nutbutter & date paste.
- Return the Chocolate Avo Mousse Stack to the freezer until it has set.
Cut into squares and enjoy!!!!!
benefits of eating this healthy vegan dessert….
This healthy vegan dessert contains all the goodness of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, rich in omegas, high in fibre & plant protein, low GI level, which means it not only tastes AMAZING it does AMAZING things to the body!
Make sure you tag us in your Chocolate Avo Mousse snack creations @synerchiorganics
To order your ORGANIC superfood products, CLICK HERE !
*no scientific or medical claims are being made on this website & what we share is based on our personal experience, testimonials from our clients & personal research.