Here 5 benefits of Turmeric & why you should be including this little spice of gold into your diet! I have also included my top Anti Inflammatory smoothie using Turmeric, you are going to love it!
I have listed 5 incredible benefits of turmeric however there are loads more. This is a spice you can add to food or drinks and one of my favourite ways to east it is in a smoothie.
- It is a very powerful anti inflammatory. Diseases today such as cancer, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, high cholesterol and chronic pain can be the result of inflammation. If you suffer from any of these or other inflammation causing disorders, the anti-inflammatory benefits from Turmeric are incredible.
- Turmeric has proven effective in treating skin conditions. Thanks to it’s incredible anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The benefits for skin include speeding up wound healing; calming the pores to decrease acne and acne scarring; and controlling psoriasis flares.
- Turmeric is a natural anti-depressant. It was discovered that patients who took turmeric, tolerated curcumin well, but they discovered curcumin was as effective as Prozac in managing depression.
- To help manage diabetes, there’s arguably no better natural treatment than adding turmeric into your diet. it will help lower blood sugar levels and even reverse insulin resistance! Keep in mind a healthy balanced diet needs to be followed with this. If you would like more info on my personalized eating plans CLICK HERE
- Finally, turmeric have help treat Gastrointestinal problems, such as IBS, Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis. Oftentimes, people with digestive and stomach complaints become intolerant to medical interventions because the stomach flora is already compromised thanks to the side effects of medical drugs. With the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, turmeric can help heal stomach and digestive issues without the harmful side effects.
The best form of turmeric is raw in it’s natural state. However, this can be hard to find sometimes. Second best option is in the dried powdered form. Now caution should be taken not to purchase turmeric powder that has been mechanically dried (overheated) and then radiated (carcinogenic). One of my favourites is the Wakaya Products. It is raw, organic and contains all the goodness that the fresh version would provide.
Well, today I made it again but as a smoothie bowl….. WOW, sooooo good! Here is the full recipe for you to enjoy!
2 fresh guavas
60ml coconut milk
30g Synerchi Organics Hemp Hearts
2 dates (fresh or dried for a little sweetness)
1 heaped tsp Turmeric powder (raw organic, NOT radiated)
Coconut flakes for garnish