There are some AMAZING vegan alternative options out there however they are very often highly processed and not that healthy for you.
Good old favourites like mayonnaise which many have as a staple in their household often feel lost when these items get removed from the lists of “allowed & not allowed” when going the plant based route.
Hence why we are sharing this SUPER easy alternative that, not only tastes amazing & is healthy for you, but it can be used as more that just “mayo”…..here it is, our YUMMIEST VEGAN MAYONNAISE RECIPE (OR DIP)!
VEGAN MAYONNAISE OR VEGENAISE
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup room temp water
- 2 fat cloves garlic
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 heaped tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 40ml olive oil
- 40ml apple cider vinegar OR fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
Method to make it:
- Allow the hemp hearts to stand in the water for 15min
- Place the hemp hearts along with all the other ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until creamy & luxuriously smooth.
- If it’s too thick add more water, if it’s too thin, add more hemp hearts directly to it, allow it to stand for 10min then blend again.
- And that’s it!!!! Store in a clean, airtight glass jar in the fridge & consume within 5 days of making.
Wondering what you can make with your vegenaise?
Basically, anything you use to do with regular mayonnaise you can do with this vegan mayonnaise recipe…..PLUS get an extra boost of protein, vitamins & anti-oxidants!!!
It is AMAZING on potato salad, coleslaw, green salad, as a spread on sandwiches and even as a base to make a variety of dips & sauces!
Add your favourite herb like fresh basil, parsley or coriander & you have a delicious “pasta pesto sauce”!
Works amazingly well with smoked paprika spice or a little bit of chilli.
5 Benefits this vegenaise will bring ya:
- Excellent source of COMPLETE protein.
- High in soluble & insoluble fiber which supports your gut biome.
- Anti-inflammatory properties.
- Easy to digest which means it’s gentle on the stomach and gets to work fast in the body (e.g. muscle repair and recovery).
- Perfectly balanced omega 3:1:1 ratio.
*no scientific claims are being made on this website & what we share is based on our personal experience, testimonials from our clients & personal research.