This is a Greek inspired quinoa salad which has been named after the mythical god Kratos** who represented strength & power. Below this recipe, you will see why this name is so appropriate for this powerful salad.
Ingredients for the savory quinoa
- 2 cup cooked white Organic Quinoa
- ¼ cup Hemp Hearts
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds (optional or any other seed can be used e.g sesame)
- ½ cup peas (fresh or frozen that has been lightly steamed)
- ½ tsp each of dried oregano, mint, dill, and thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- ¼ cup Olive oil (4 tbsp)
Mix ALL of these ingredients into a large serving bowl & place to the side
Ingredients for the Greek Salsa
- 1 cup cubed cucumber
- 1 cup cubed tomato
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- ½ cup red onion sliced (optional)
- juice of half a lemon
Place all of these ingredients into a large salad bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice over and gently mix.
Ingredients for the parsley pesto
- 1 cup fresh parsley (stalks removed and roughly chopped)
- 2 large cloves garlic
- ½ large lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- ½ cup water
- salt & pepper for seasoning
For the green parsley pesto, place all these ingredients into a blender and whizz together until smooth. A pestle and mortar can also be used if you struggle with a blender.
Once that is done, it can be either all tossed together in a large salad bowl or served in individual serving bowls.
So what’s with the name, Kratos Quinoa Salad?
- Well, it’s just something fun, and because this recipe has such a high content of plant-based protein (and has many greek herbs and spices in it) it seemed to match what it was representing, strength and power.
- It is nutrition dense and calorie low, packed with fiber, and contains complete protein, meaning all 9 essential amino acids PLUS the other 11 your body needs to heal, repair, and grow!
- If your family is vegetarian or anything else, it is easy to adapt it by adding in something they may like e.g. feta cheese, hard-boiled free-range eggs, and organic free-range chicken. And each of these options can be added individually to each person’s bowl depending on their preference.
- It is completely gluten, dairy (unless you add your preference), wheat & soy free which makes very suitable for those who do struggle with allergies and food intolerance.
- Anti-inflammatory and low acidity.
- Low glycemix Index which means it will help regulate your sugar levels without any spike and great for diabetics*
So as you can see, this recipe is fit for all the beautiful goddesses and gods within us, to help build strength and power in our bodies.
A note of love:
The Synerchi family practice a cruelty free plant based life but we respect and understand that we all have the right to choose our own path when it comes to the food we eat. That is why we want to show you how you can easily adapt our recipes to suit your family while incorporating our superfood into each meal.
Healthy really does not have to be complicated and we want to help you achieve optimal well-being for yourself and your family.